Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ong Bak 3: Name Your Fighters!

Got contacted by Magnet Releasing, a division of Magnolia specializing in the distribution of "the wild, unquantifiable and uncompromised." Sounds exciting, and the reason they were reaching out to me was to help promote Ong Bak 3, the newest in the series starring Thai sensation Tony Jaa (if you aren't checking these out, you really need to get to it!).

For starters, head on over to Facebook to see what these guys are up to. In this post, you can name your Ultimate Fighting Dream Team to win an OB3 Poster signed by Tony and Thai Action DVD pak. Runner-up wins the DVD Pak.

As for me, my dream team would probably include Bruce Lee, of course, and Jim "Blackbelt Jones" Kelly. But I'd have to throw in Ron "the Black Dragon" Van Clief and I'd consider, naturally, Kwai Chang Caine. Maybe I could envision a lost episode of Kung Fu in which these actors all star in an episode. Bruce would play a Chinese Shaolin friend of Caine's and the black actors would have to play old west types - former slaves? Persecuted freemen? Wait wait, I got it - Caine stumbles upon a settlement in which a Shaolin monk is sheltering African Americana and training them to protect themselves with kung fu. Oh, the possibilities!

Do head over to Facebook, y'all and submit or vote on your fighting dream team. Meanwhile...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Alison Richards said...

Hello, I love kung fu! I am a female filmmaker whose last film was 'Bare Knuckles' (about women bare knuckle fighting)

I have a new project and would be eternally grateful if you would post it on your Facebook wall and share with your group.

Imagine orphans off the street in Africa... They meet a Monk from Taiwan who shelters them and teaches them Shaolin Kung Fu. True story... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noni/african-kung-fu-kids

Thanks for helping us share this incredible story!

Alison Richards

12:04 AM  
Blogger Wayne Atwell said...

The trailer looks pretty awesome, I might just need to watch it. Lately I have been more into watching lower budget <a href="deadlydymes.com>martial art fight movies</a> because it is much more real and believable. Too much hollywood can be a turn off.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Wayne Atwell said...

Edit: darn it, messed up the html code. This is why you should always preview before posting.

The trailer looks pretty awesome, I might just need to watch it. Lately I have been more into watching lower budget martial art fight movies because it is much more real and believable. Too much hollywood can be a turn off.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Arnold said...

Hi Charlie, I just discovered your wonderful blog, because I started watching Kung Fu again, and then I saw this post in which you mention Ong Bak 3. I wanted to point out that if you enjoyed Ong Bak 3, you might also like 'Honour of the Dragon'/'The Protector' [2006] (another film with Tony Jaa), 'Merantau' [2009], an Indonesian martial art film a bit similar to Ong Bak 1, and 'The Raid: Redemption' [2011], also an Indonesian martial art film with similar fighting scenes. And I believe there is already a sequal out there of The Raid: Redemption, but I haven't watched it yet.

Thanks for your interesting blog posts.
Best, Arnold

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home