Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Holy Facebook!

When I started this blog three years ago it was out of passion for a show and an era I loved as a kid, was re-experiencing on DVD as an adult, and the desire to talk about it with someone. And also, of course, with the aim of creating an online episode guide of sorts. In that time, I've never given enough attention to this blog, something I'm trying to rectify, and the few readers that do stumble here seem to appreciate what I'm doing and have encouraged me greatly, for which I thank you.

But another thing I did three years ago, which I'd like to bring to your attention, is make a Facebook fan page for Kung Fu. I did hardly anything for that page, but thanks to the fame of the show, it grew all by itself - to nearly 4,000 people today!

I need to be more appreciative and involved in that community of 4,000. So, henceforth, not only am I going to be more attentive to this blog, but I'm going to share it with the community at Facebook. If you're a Facebooker, please consider joining us and letting us know what we can do to improve the page. Thanks for your continued interest and support.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Capcom said...

I'm glad that you started your online Kung Fu journey, and I look forward to your reviews. Thanks for posting about the Facebook place, I will check that out too! If I sign up there, I am Jannah Lynn not Capcom, so you recognize me.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Charlie Kondek said...

Jannah, your encouragement has been invaluable to me and this blog. Thanks for being on the journey with me - and much respect to a fellow (and more prolific) blogger!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Capcom said...

Gosh, thanks! Well, your blog has certainly been an inspiration to me too, helping me return to the more centered path that I used to be on when the show first aired (i.e. before my 30-year corporate life dulled my senses). Thanks much for that, and for taking the time to share your observations with us online.

BTW, Happy New Year, God bless! :-)

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home