Thursday, February 05, 2009

Kung Fu Novelization


As I've read up on the show and the time it was broadcast, I've learned about - and remembered some of - the other items that went with this show, including the Kung Fu lunch box (gosh, remember themed lunch boxes, you kids of the 70s?) and.... Kung Fu: the books!

Got my hands on this at that venerable Ann Arbor institution, Aunt Agatha's, and read it. It was awful! Basically, re-rells the story of the pilot episode in flat, uninspired prose, probably cranked out in a hurry to capture momentum built by the show. A fun bit of show-related swag but not a page-turner by any means. I imagine "Kung Fu" fanfic would be better.... hey, anyone know where I can find some "Kung Fu" fanfic??

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Capcom said...

Sweet, I wasn't aware of the books. I'll have to look for some of these at my local used bookstore, they've got a huge TV/movie section.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home